Conference attendees will enjoy a private tour of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello.
46th Anniversary Annual Conference
June 20, 21 & 22, 2013
Washington, D.C. & Charlottesville, Va.
Join The Fund for American Studies as we celebrate our 46th Anniversary Annual Conference on June 20, 21 & 22, 2013. Meet with future leaders attending our summer programs. Travel to Charlottesville, Va. to explore the lives of two of our nation’s founding fathers – Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. Listen to a distinguished lineup of speakers, including British politician Daniel Hannan who famously criticized Prime Minister Gordon Brown's response to the global financial crisis. Additional conference highlights include:
- Dinner at The Willard, recognizing TFAS donors and scholarship recipients and honoring economist Walter Williams with the 2013 David R. Jones Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Breakfast at the National Press Club with students attending the Institute on Political Journalism for their annual awards breakfast. Fred Barnes and Steve Hayes of The Weekly Standard will present awards.
- Tour of the University of Virginia where professor Coy Barefoot, best-selling author and radio personality, will address attendees.
- Private tour of Monticello and dinner at Montalto, the “high mountain” rises 410 feet above Monticello and is historically important as Jefferson’s first land acquisition in 1771.
- Visit to James Madison's Montpelier and the library where Madison outlined the framework of the Constitution of the United States.
Thursday, June 20, 2013
The Willard in Washington, D.C.
1401 Pennsylvania Ave NW,
Washington, DC 20004
Please call 202-628-9100 to book at room at the special rate of $249 per night. The cut off-for this special rate is May 30, 2013. Be sure to ask for a room with The Fund for American Studies.
Friday, June 21, 2013
DoubleTree by Hilton in Charlottesville, Va.
990 Hilton Heights Road,
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Please visit the DoubleTree by Hilton online or call 800-222-8733 by May 31, 2013 to book at room at the special rate of $159 per night. Be sure to ask for a room with The Fund for American Studies.
$500 per person | $950 per couple | $250 per alumnus | $450 board spouse
Registration fees include all conference sessions, two dinners, two breakfasts, two lunches and transportation to and from Charlottesville.
Click here to begin your online registration. For more information, contact Jane Mack at jmack@TFAS.org or by phone at 202-986-0384.