ENTRY GUIDELINES FOR BOTH AWARDS
1. Submit a brief cover letter on your letterhead, identifying the award you're applying for and a paragraph outlining the story or series.
2. Submit a story or series of stories -- no more than 20 -- in standard 8 1/2 by 11 paper size, or if need by 8 1/2 by 17.
* If series contains pictures, graphs, or other material that do not fit on copy paper, feel free to send original copies.
3. In a separate section, you may submit any additional stories or back up material considered pertinent.
4. There is no entry form; there is no entry fee.
5. Five copies of each entry are required.
6. More than one series for a reporter, team or newspaper is permitted, but each should be submitted as a separate entry.
7. Stories must have been written for a U.S. publication -- no international entries allowed
Stories must have been published between March 1, 2011 and March 1, 2012.
Winners of each award will receive a $2,500 cash prize and a bronze eagle trophy, which will be presented at an awards luncheon in conjunction the 2012 Institute on Political Journalism in Washington, D.C.
Deadline for entries: March 15 (Postmarked)
Submit application materials to:
Professional Awards Committee
Institute on Political Journalism
1706 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009